I am a CS master’s student at University of Saskatchewan. I work with Professor Michael Horsch and Roy Ka-wei Lee. I am also a member of SocialAI.Studio based at SUTD. Before moving to Canada, I worked at Goava as a software engineer. I completed bachelor in Computer Science at Noakhali Science and Technology University, Bangladesh.
This site double as my personal blog. Posts range from computer science to my perspectives on life and absurdity. In my free hours, I like reading paperbacks, cooking, and blogging sometimes.
I conduct research in the machine learning and natual language processing, with a strong focus in social good.
- Social NLP - Graph convolution structure for rumor detection, knowledge-aware hate speech detection.
- Transfer Learning - Efficient source of transfer, parameter efficient transfer, preventing negative transfer
- Meta-learning: Learning from small data [slides] for novel tasks and weak supervision.
- Multilingual and Low-resource NLP: NLP for low-resource languages, cross-lingual transfer for mitigating gaps of linguistic divide.
Locate me at UofS
☕🍕I work at G60 lab in the basement of Thorvaldson Building. If you are interested in deep learning or nlp, feel free drop by during office hours.
🇧🇩❤️ To access my about-me in Bengali [page link]
🎉👋 Fall NLP Reading Group 2021 @Dhaka [details here].
Applying for MS/Phd? Check Misc section for resources.
Tired of surfing? Grab some coffee and listen this track or this.
Books I read in 2021
- #Novel The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera
- #Tech The Laws of Simplicity by John Maeda
- #Tech The Design of Everyday Things by Don Norman
|Oct 2, 2020||Paper accepted at NLP+CSS workshop @EMNLP|
|Sep 27, 2020||My talk on “Online abuse and emotion during COVID-19” at TWIML NLP [Slides]|
|May 27, 2020||On Analyzing Annotation Consistency in Online Abusive Behavior Datasets got accepted in ICWSM-2020.|
|May 22, 2020||Got selected at machine learning summer school @Indonesia (MLSS-INDO ‘20)!|
|Jan 6, 2020||Talk on undergraduate research and opportunities at AI startup, @Noakhali S&T Univ|