I am a CS master’s student at University of Saskatchewan. I work with Professor Michael Horsch and Roy Ka-wei Lee. I am also a member of SocialAI.Studio based at SUTD. Before moving to Canada, I worked at Goava, a B2B sales intelligence startup as a software engineer. I completed bachelor in Computer Science at Noakhali Science and Technology University in Bangladesh in 2018.
This site double as my personal blog. Posts range from computer science to my perspectives on life and absurdity. In my free hours, I like reading paperbacks, cooking, and blogging sometimes.
I conduct research in machine learning and natual language processing, with a strong focus in social AI.
- Social NLP - Graph convolution structure for rumor detection, knowledge-aware hate speech detection.
- Transfer Learning & Meta-learning - Parameter efficient transfer and preventing negative transfer. Learning from small data [slides] and fast adaptation on novel tasks.
- Multilingual multi-task co-training: Efficient multi-task learning with multilingual pre-trained sentence encoders.
Locate me at UofS
☕🍕I work at G60 lab in the basement of Thorvaldson Building. If you are interested in deep learning or nlp, feel free to drop by during office hours.
🇧🇩❤️ To access my about-me in Bengali [page link]
🎉👋 Fall NLP Reading Group 2021 @Dhaka [details here].
Applying for MS/Phd? Check Misc section for resources.
Tired of surfing? Grab some coffee and listen this track or this.
Books I read in 2021
- #Novel Sputnik Sweetheart by Haruki Murakami
- #Novel The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera
- #Tech The Laws of Simplicity by John Maeda
- #Tech The Design of Everyday Things by Don Norman
|Oct 2, 2020||Paper accepted at NLP+CSS workshop @EMNLP|
|Sep 27, 2020||My talk on “Online abuse and emotion during COVID-19” at TWIML NLP [Slides]|
|May 27, 2020||On Analyzing Annotation Consistency in Online Abusive Behavior Datasets got accepted in ICWSM-2020.|
|May 22, 2020||Got selected at machine learning summer school @Indonesia (MLSS-INDO ‘20)!|
|Jan 6, 2020||Talk on undergraduate research and opportunities at AI startup, @Noakhali S&T Univ|